Consolidated Kansas

Just startedthe incubator with7 turkey eggs. And so it begins.....

On another note. I usually get some assorted pullets and birds just for fun from Ideal Poultry every yr. I get the mystery specials like rare assorted hens etc. I have one well 2, that I'm having a terrible things with. Im going to show you all one and see if you can help. At first I thought she was an aseel, but she has a straight comb so I'm stumped. She has an incredibly long neck and long legs.
20180312_200820.jpg
20180312_200817.jpg

HI everyone!!! I am so glad I came across byc and a thread for Kansas. I am transplant from Washington moved here several years ago but lived in town with a few chickens but recently moved out to a farm with 3 horses 1 Pyrenees pup, well I guess she isn't a pup anymore she is 8 months old (Chloe) and I just purchased chicks to restart my flock. blrw, gold lace, silver lace wyondettes and a few cochins. and in search of a couple market lambs for my kids for 4h.
th_PinkKansas1.gif

On another note. I usually get some assorted pullets and birds just for fun from Ideal Poultry every yr. I get the mystery specials like rare assorted hens etc. I have one well 2, that I'm having a terrible things with. Im going to show you all one and see if you can help. At first I thought she was an aseel, but she has a straight comb so I'm stumped. She has an incredibly long neck and long legs.View attachment 1294919View attachment 1294920
It looks like it is an oriental breed to me but which one I have no idea. My guess is some kind of jungle fowl.

The last several days have been a whirlwind and I haven't had time to even get on line. Life is crazy! Attended a beautiful ceremony in Wichita on Friday And learned my DIL will be going to Indiana for her residency. Unfortunately there is no place nearby for my son to transfer to. They are good with that for now anyway.
Went to Gardner yesterday for the second biggest sale I've ever been to there. I had to wait for the one cage I wanted until the last couple hundred. The weather was awful. Cold and misty and the cold wind blowing like mad. I know they lost a ton of buyers because of the weather. I was at the breaking point and as soon as the birds I wanted came up I checked out. I didn't think I'd ever get warm again. Bought a pair of spaulding peafowl for a prayer. Always wanted some even though I am trying to sell out some peafowl. Will I ever learn?

On another note. I usually get some assorted pullets and birds just for fun from Ideal Poultry every yr. I get the mystery specials like rare assorted hens etc. I have one well 2, that I'm having a terrible things with. Im going to show you all one and see if you can help. At first I thought she was an aseel, but she has a straight comb so I'm stumped. She has an incredibly long neck and long legs.View attachment 1294919View attachment 1294920
maybe a Shamo? I'd love to have one or two of those little dinosaurs in my flock.

Not a Shamo, the colors are wrong. It could however be a Malay or an Aseel. I've got some Shamo and Malays right now. Chicks. And I'm so excited. Also on a waiting list for Yamato Gunkeis. Gotta have something no one else has you know!

Back
Top Bottom