Consolidated Kansas

Danz those were cute pics of the puppies & ducks! I don't have any luck letting ducklings out here due to having so many cats, so I had to make a fortress pen to keep them in till either they grow out or I sell them. The cats get little ducklings or chicks as soon as they get loose, a matter of minutes or seconds if they're sitting right there. They don't know any difference between a wild bird & a chick or duckling. To them it's a meal.

Any bantam people around the greater KC area who like to swap?

I have an extra btw Jap male if anyone needs a pretty, well behaved, easy to handle cockerel for next season. I’d trade a bantam pullet or a few chicks/hatching eggs for him. And I’m hoping to have fertile bantam eggs to hatch or sell/trade with anyone local whose looking for fun birds once spring comes back around.
A7B1AB0F-7D1C-4F0A-A20D-D78CAA1FCA8A.jpeg 535002C3-EBD8-4523-A15E-7F46C9A3C4F5.jpeg

So is everyone getting your pens & such ready for winter? We had a cold front so it's not been very nice the last couple days & I haven't done anything else. It's supposed to warm up the rest of the week so maybe I can get some more things done. I've been sick too so that hasn't helped progress either.

I need to do some more winterizing but I've been on the go. I hate it when i have to go places and be gone so much. Today besides having to deliver some food to town to some people I have to go to Topeka to my immunologist. I'd so much rather stay home and catch up on my chores. We are supposed to have another strong cold front move in this afternoon. Not as much temp change as it is strong north winds, then it will be colder tomorrow.

Hi there! I started my backyard duck flock this spring 2017 and live in Kansas City. Looking for a sitter for one evening and the following morning while I'm out of town for a wedding December 3-4. Anyone interested? Willing to compensate monetarily and with free duck eggs!

Hi there! I started my backyard duck flock this spring 2017 and live in Kansas City. Looking for a sitter for one evening and the following morning while I'm out of town for a wedding December 3-4. Anyone interested? Willing to compensate monetarily and with free duck eggs!
I’d be in it for the eggs!! Since my young girls have given me nothingggggg.

Danz those were cute pics of the puppies & ducks! I don't have any luck letting ducklings out here due to having so many cats, so I had to make a fortress pen to keep them in till either they grow out or I sell them. The cats get little ducklings or chicks as soon as they get loose, a matter of minutes or seconds if they're sitting right there. They don't know any difference between a wild bird & a chick or duckling. To them it's a meal.
C
So is everyone getting your pens & such ready for winter? We had a cold front so it's not been very nice the last couple days & I haven't done anything else. It's supposed to warm up the rest of the week so maybe I can get some more things done. I've been sick too so that hasn't helped progress either.

I saw earlier you were going to have some Sapphires/cream legbars this spring. Can they be sexed? I can't have roosters in town and only want 2 or 3 to go with the girls I have.
Also I don’t know how to PM. LOL

Back
Top Bottom