Consolidated Kansas

Does anyone in NE Kansas have this plant in their yard? It’s maypop Passion flower and we had it in our yard at our old house but haven’t been able to get some now.

Attachments

• AFC95907-F50E-4EB2-A80B-4C6198A5963B.jpeg
    AFC95907-F50E-4EB2-A80B-4C6198A5963B.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 3
When my brothers and I were younger, we liked to pet the bumblebees on the passionflower vines. I think there is some kind of sedative in it, that calms them

Does anyone in NE Kansas have this plant in their yard? It’s maypop Passion flower and we had it in our yard at our old house but haven’t been able to get some now.
When I lived in Oklahoma there were a lot of these growing in ditches and stuff. I think the weather is too chilly here for them. Many nurseries offer these for sale and some list them for this zone but if you research the plant further it's just too cold in winter for them. You might be able to grow them if you live in far south Kansas. Or possibly if you mulch them really heavily. I always thought they were beautiful as well.
IKR?! I had an orchestra concert last night so we had to drive through all that 😖
I went to a concert at the church last night and it was slick driving home. IO normally just stay home after dark or when it's bad weather. But when I left to go to town we were getting just a mix of rain and snow.
I am SO ready for spring!!

Back
Top Bottom