Constant bullying issues?

ChickensFTW

Hatching
Nov 3, 2015
Hey Guys! New to the forum...

I've had 4 Isa Brown hens for around six months now, they're really tame and a great part of the family.

Unfortunately I'm running in to a lot of issues with them picking on each other. Unlike a lot of what I have read about there is no one instigator, I have the 1 big dominant chook who stays out of it and the other three who peck each other's backsides endlessly (no proper fighting or carrying on though...).

I started by segregating one who seemed like the main ringleader but that hasn't helped at all (the remaining 2 are at each other).

It's got to the point were I've had to temporarily split the remaining ones up because they've drawn blood.

This seems silly as I'm effectively ending up with 3 separate coops/runs for 4 chooks
he.gif

I've tried throwing them more kitchen scraps, adding more protein to their diet (greek yogurt etc) and they already have quite a bit of space with dusty read for dust baths etc, is there anything else I could try or do I just need to accept that they won't ever get on and construct their individual housing arrangements accordingly? (of course adjacently so they can still see each other and say hi just no pecking).

Thanks for the help guys!
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
They have plenty of space from your pictures. Diet is adequate - they have developed a bad habit. Do an on site search on Pin Less Peepers. They can be affixed until the hens regrow their feathers and sometimes can then be removed and the birds will have 'forgotten' the habit.

Welcome to BYC!

Have you checked for bugs on their butts?
Part the feathers right down to the skin to check.

What is their main feed?

Back
Top Bottom