Constantly clucking and fluffed up, can't find diagnosis!

even my dogs love watching them!

One of my dogs is OBSESSED with watching my broody hen. He just sits there are stares for what seems like hours!

RedOkra - I just put a clutch of eggs under my broody last Sunday. It doesn't get as cold here in the PNW as it can where you are, but I think you should be fine!​

@RedOkra I hope your hen has made some recovery, it's sounding very similar to what my Cucco is going through right now. Since I got back from a 2 week vacation it's been couple days and she's been acting the way yours did.

I did notice how she just did not want to leave the nest even after she laid her egg, I figured it would have been around the time she started molting. Hope your hen made it out alright, even if it's a danger or not, I'd imagine it was entertaining to watch.

How long does this broodiness last?? My 1-year-old Jolene is going to get killed by my other two hens if she doesn’t quit it! She’s been doing the turkey fluff, strutting and clicking for about 5 days now. It’s driving me nuts, because I have to keep her separated. And it really pisses off the two old girls - they chase her, pin her down and try to peck her to death. She not sitting on the nest at all, so I don’t know what the heck she is doing. She did it before about 6 weeks ago. Will this happen every month the rest of her life?? I’ve attached a photo. Help!!!

Attachments

• 5B618468-5EF5-4772-A3FB-CD22F8907AC0.jpeg
    5B618468-5EF5-4772-A3FB-CD22F8907AC0.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom