constantly peeping - UPDATED WITH PICS!

I haven't because they seem to be straightening out on their own. When he is on a flat surface now his feet spread out almost normally. The middle toe is still crooked, but the foot sits flat. If he is on a soft surface he still has a little trouble with the foot curling, but it is getting much better. I'll keep watching it, but I think as he gets stronger that it will get better.

I think the poor little dude was just stuck in that egg too long! I should have rescued him sooner but I spent too long telling myself to stay out of that bator, that he'd make it on his own
roll.png

Last edited:
Gabby didn't make it. I had to leave today and had my brother check on them to make sure nobody had flipped over and couldn't get up (these serama chicks seem to be prone to that predicament) and he said everyone was fine. That was at about 4:00. I got home about an hour ago and poor little Gabby was dead.

I knew he wasn't going to make it. He has just been getting more and more sleepy. He never really started eating or drinking, just pecked at it a little. If I gave him sugar water he would perk up for a few minutes and sometimes even half heartedly peck at the feed. I tried egg yolk and an egg yolk and sugar water slurry. That seemed to perk him up for a little while, but he still didn't eat on his own.

I think I should have helped the poor little dude out of his shell much sooner. Leaving him for 28 hours was a big mistake. I either took too much out of him, or he just wasn't meant to be.

I think we are going to loose Gimpy as well. His leg seems to be getting worse. It now sticks out at a 90* angle and his foot turns to the side. He walks on his hock (or knee or whatever) and it is starting to get infected. He never acted like he was in pain before, but now he squeals if you touch his leg. He no longer likes being picked up. I think it is time to cull. He is obviously not going to get any better and just seems to be in more pain.

Poor little guys
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom