Constantly vibrating tail feathers on Maran cockeral

MomtoRarities

Chirping
Jul 27, 2015
I have 2 cockerals around the same age. One has constantly vibrating tail feathers. Any thoughts on what this is and is it OK? Thanks in advance!

Anyone? I google and simply get song lyrics. :) Its very obvious, even friends notice it. Its like a twitch or constant shake. Thanks!

I had at 1 week old chick that has tail feathers that bob up and down. I found that it generally meant there were respiratory issues. Now 12 weeks the tail only bobs occasionally. She is much smaller then her hatch mates but seems to be keeping up. I have done nothing for this. I have been taking the wait and see approach. good luck I hope he out grows it.

Upload it to YouTube first and then there is an icon by the photo icon that is used for video. Click that, put in the link to your YouTube video and it will embed it into the post.

Amazing you should start a thread on this topic! I have a Black Copper Marans pullet, not quite four months old, and today I noticed her tail is vibrating just as you describe.

To be perfectly clear, this is not tail wagging or bobbing. It's vibrating as if she had an electric motor in her rear end. It's especially noticeable because she has lost all but one tail feather, and it's real easy to see it vibrating.

I'm as curious as you are as to what this means. She seems healthy and normal in every other respect.

I am starting to notice that some of my speckled sussex chicks have vibrating tail feathers! Wth? It's so weird, and I can't find anything on the subject. Dors anyone have more information about this?

Back
Top Bottom