Constipated chick

She has pooped a 3rd time. (She might have done one last night, but I don't know.) Her belly isn't as firm either.

She just pooped on her own an hour and a half after her bath. Now she is eating for the first time since I brought her home. She is making "bubble noises", the noise the that chicks make when they are happy. (Or at least, that's what we call it. It kind of sounds like when you put a bottle completely under the water and it starts sending up bubbles while its taking in the water.) Her belly is even less firm now; it is almost back to normal! Praise the Lord He allowed me to help her through this! I've lost three chicks in the past three days for different reasons and was worried she would not make it.

1651155013306.png

She's peeping because she hates me for dunking her in epsom salt water so many times! She is actually dry in this picture (I dry her with a hair dryer after every bath), but the olive oil makes her look pitiful, but, as long as I'm not messing with her, she's pretty happy! :love

She is pooping on her own multiple times between baths. They are still firm, though. Should I keep giving her epsom salt baths? Should I keep giving her olive oil? (I'm not giving her more that half a teaspoon a day. I know it is supposed to be a whole teaspoon, but I don't want to give her too much.)

Back
Top Bottom