egg bound symptoms but no egg, impacted crop too??

May 13, 2021
This morning I noticed my hen was standing very tall with her tail down and wouldn’t come to me for greens like normal. After some googling I checked her crop and it felt like a hard ball,, so an impacted crop right? Well I gave her a bit of solid organic coconut oil which she was very interested in which is good and then I massaged her crop lightly. I have her inside with me so I decided I would just hang out by her and I noticed she was struggling to stay balanced and sitting on her knees. Her feet looked slightly curled and that’s when I started to suspect something more. Did more googling and seemed like she was probably egg bound. I tried my best to feel around for an egg but couldn’t tell so I decided to give her a warm epsom salt bath anyways. I did that and massaged her down there when i noticed her vent was pulsating. After she dried off I got some help and was able to use a glove and some oil to feel inside her vent. Everything was soft no sign of egg but on the outside her vent area is all red and feels slightly hard as if there was an egg in there turned sideways but there was none to be found. On top of that she has occasionally been making strange congestion type noises when she breathes. She hasn’t eaten anything all day and only took 2 tiny sips of water. She also hasn’t pooped for the past 4 hours since i’ve had her inside. I don’t know what else to do for her and am scared it might just be her time to go. If it is I just wanna make her as comfortable as possible. Oh and egg laying history, last month she laid about a dozen and hasn't since, right after she stopped laying she had a little overgrowth of internal parasites, took her to the vet, gave her the medicine, she seemed okay after but never back to 100%. This is my last resort I would appreciate any feedback Thank you.

3BC08F27-13D1-414E-A43E-4B2C87FD66EC.jpeg
this is how she has been sitting, i covered the cage halfway with a towel and she has water with electrolytes and i put a tiny bit of mush (her food and water) but she hasn’t touched it

Back
Top Bottom