Constipated hen

Hummingbird-Jam

In the Brooder
Oct 3, 2022
This hen was egg bound last week and I got the egg out of her, her bottom is swollen and she had a lot of poop stuck to her end, I feel like she can’t poop or something, I tried to squeeze gently and gas was coming out of her and there is a lot of poop inside her when I stick my finger there,she smells terrible, she is leaned backwards like she is heavier on the back, she eats and drink normally, she is almost a year old, please help
0D6D7218-1521-40D0-866A-025614084854.jpeg
CE38CFA1-8743-4BFD-BD83-ECFF53F4444F.jpeg
0D6D7218-1521-40D0-866A-025614084854.jpeg

I saw a post last summer where an Epsom salt bath helped a hen poop a giant poo and then she felt better. @Hummingbird-Jam you could also dose her with calcium citrate. Is she laying?
I will soak her in the morning, I just went and got epsom salt, I don’t think she is able to lay, I think because she’s constipated she got egg bound, I gave her vegetable oil to help her poop ( I was reading about the subject and they mentioned that oil helps) , I don’t have Calcium citrate

I will soak her in the morning, I just went and got epsom salt, I don’t think she is able to lay, I think because she’s constipated she got egg bound, I gave her vegetable oil to help her poop ( I was reading about the subject and they mentioned that oil helps) , I don’t have Calcium citrate
how is your hen doing?

I soaked her in warm water and Epsom salt, she pooped a little bit but she still have plenty inside her
Give her another bath and also give her calcium citrate if you have to it. 💗. Can you give her some hardened coconut oil and maybe watermelon or cucumber to get some fluids in her to . I wonder if a stool softener would work...hmmm. Let me tag some experts @Wyorp Rock @azygous @Eggcessive hen not pooping, please help!

I soaked her in warm water and Epsom salt, she pooped a little bit but she still have plenty inside her
She didn’t pop yesterday so at night I soaked her again in Epsom salt bath and I put my fingers inside her and start getting the poop out, she is not as hard and swollen as before but it seems like she might have a lot of eggs inside her, she is not doing well, and when she walk she kinda lean to the back as if she is heavier from the back, I’m gonna put her down

Back
Top Bottom