Constructive Criticism

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by kargo, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kargo

kargo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2009
    Not sure where this goes....

I'm in need of some constructive criticism. This is a video of me doing a monologue. It's my first time doing a video like this, and I've only had a teeny amount of acting experience. I'll put up the one of me singing later, as soon as it uploads. Please and thank you. [​IMG]

2. suzettex5

suzettex5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    California
    Hey, that was pretty good!! Heres my thoughts, but I'm no acting coach or anything, so I hope I dont say anything that hurts your feelings.

It sounded like you were reading a story, more than telling a personal experience. Try to pretend this really happened to you, own the story. I think you have a great voice, you just need to work on inflection, and where to pause in your story for effect. I bet a bit more practice and memorization will make you much more confident, and give you a smoother delivery.

I think its great that you put this out there and are doing something fun and challenging- keep it up!!

[​IMG]

3. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    I think you did a really good job! I love the different tones in your voice and the way that you would accentuate certain parts of the story.......WAY TO GO!!!!!

[​IMG]

4. kargo

kargo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2009
    Thanks, guys. Here's the one of me singing. Now, beware, singing isn't exactly what I'm best at......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by