Consumed Blu Kote!? Will she be okay?!?

BeanHen

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 28, 2014
92
6
31
I made a terrible mistake.
My BO pullet (hatched last May) is at the bottom of the pecking order. Today I saw that her comb had been pecked. I cleaned it and put Blu Kote on it --not even stopping to think about the fact that it would get into her nose and mouth! I only used one dab, but it seems to be enough that she sneezed a few times and expelled some. Her tongue also had some on it.
What should I do? Did I just poison my hen?!? I can't imagine it could be that poisonous...but is there anything I can do?!?
 

cafarmgirl

Crowing
10 Years
Mar 24, 2009
5,521
610
327
California, central valley
I think she will be fine, from the ingredients it looks like a bird would actually have to consume a decent amount to have any serious effects. I think I'd be more concerned about making sure it did not get into her eyes.
 

New posts New threads Active threads

Top Bottom