Ended Contest #3 Cutest Baby Fowl - 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love your pics
1f60d.png
@aridchickens

Thanks! This is the first time we'll be raising Buff's, I hoping they'll do well out here. They sound like really nice birds all around.

Momma Chicken with Her Baby Ducklings
Last July my Silver Lace Wyandotte went broody and was sitting on unfertile chicken eggs. I knew that my drake was doing his job so I gave her some duck eggs. Late in the evening on July 16, 2016 as I was securing the coop for the night, I heard peeping sounds from the nest box. Out emerged 2 adorable ducklings. Momma chicken cared for her babies until they were on their own. She tried in vain to teach them all the ways of chickens. I don't think that she ever quite understood why they loved playing in water and didn't search for food by scratching the soil. Picture taken 7/17/2016.

I had to comment back on this! I cannot believe the irony of the situation and date. We had a broody hen, and at the time no roosters around. So I put Khaki Campbell duck eggs under her that hatched on JULY 15TH, 2016!

(NOT AN ENTRY!)

Last edited:
That is amazing, HomesteaderWife! Must be that time of year! My ducklings unfortunately were never accepted by my ducks which was disappointing. Didn't fit in with the chickens either after they were on their own. Poor babies.
sad.png

Last edited:

-
Three week old gosling makes a heartwarming friendship with a WoodDuck! I really hope to have good luck in this contest, because I've been wanting to get another rescue duck, but have not been able to due to the fact that we don't have a safe enclosure for one; winning this would make my life happy, since I could rescue another duck!

-
Three week old gosling makes a heartwarming friendship with a WoodDuck! I really hope to have good luck in this contest, because I've been wanting to get another rescue duck, but have not been able to due to the fact that we don't have a safe enclosure for one; winning this would make my life happy, since I could rescue another duck!
Aw, bless you and the gosling and wood duck. I wish you the best of luck:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom