Ended Contest #3 Cutest Baby Fowl - 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics

Oh how pretty! What breed? She is so unique!!

I thot he was a duck. Oh, I love baby gooses. And adults, too. He or maybe she is adorable. I'd love to see pics of him playing with his toys. It will be interesting to see what BamBam's breed will be. Please, as you can, keep us updated. Is Pebbles his sibling?

I bought them at Atwoods 2 weeks ago so probably yes on siblings. Pebbles is shy and reserved but this guy is always screaming for attention and loves sneaking out and running around the house, thank God for wood floors and ceramic tile! LOL I still haven't been to get their rattles, someone said geese love them so I'll be getting baby toys today. I bought wrong feed the other day and theirs is almost gone so I definitely have to get out even if it pours again. I found out yesterday they LOVE fresh spinach, it was a fight! I mushed up a piece of apple and gave them a little banana a few days ago and now if they see yellow they're screaming. Too cute! The ducklins are a week older and they are a messy bunch. I'll be posting those two as my second pic. They're more demanding than Bam Bam, I'm creating some little monsters!

I bought them at Atwoods 2 weeks ago so probably yes on siblings. Pebbles is shy and reserved but this guy is always screaming for attention and loves sneaking out and running around the house, thank God for wood floors and ceramic tile! LOL I still haven't been to get their rattles, someone said geese love them so I'll be getting baby toys today. I bought wrong feed the other day and theirs is almost gone so I definitely have to get out even if it pours again. I found out yesterday they LOVE fresh spinach, it was a fight! I mushed up a piece of apple and gave them a little banana a few days ago and now if they see yellow they're screaming. Too cute! The ducklins are a week older and they are a messy bunch. I'll be posting those two as my second pic. They're more demanding than Bam Bam, I'm creating some little monsters!
The idea of Bam Bam running amok on your wood floors is hilarious. And cute. I love that your goslings are foodies. It's amazing how much you can see the differences in their personalities at their age. The general public has no idea about birds. That is why I love this community. I bet your dux and gooses blaze thru their food. I look forward to duck pix and am still interested in your cute baby geese.

The idea of Bam Bam running amok on your wood floors is hilarious. And cute. I love that your goslings are foodies. It's amazing how much you can see the differences in their personalities at their age. The general public has no idea about birds. That is why I love this community. I bet your dux and gooses blaze thru their food. I look forward to duck pix and am still interested in your cute baby geese.

I had a cockatiel years ago and when she died it broke my heart. I never thought I would love my birds as much as her, I've always heard chickens are stupid and good for food, nothing else. This started with chickens and they are far from stupid! I love them and could watch them all day. I decided to get geese for warning them and it still frustrates me they are wild and won't get close (except Leonardo since it's mating season). I went to buy some little ones and they were out so I bought the boys some ducks since they almost cried when I said no, they know how to work me. Anyway, here I am with all these birds and wondering which type I'll bring home next. LOL.
I will hide when little ones get out, they freak out when they cannot see me. I pop up and yell come on guys and all you hear is the pitter patter of them running as fast as their little legs can go. My best friend could hear it over the phone and busted out laughing. I need to get it on video but can't seem to time it right. It's kind of like babies making a liar out of you.
263a.png
I will definitely post pics after I get new toys but can't leave yet, waiting on fridge since mine is about toast, it's been something all month and I'm ready for April!

tongue.gif
I will ALWAYS love chickens, even when I get dux.
big_smile.png
I still like chickens a little bit, just not as much (by a long shot) as duxs. I had chickens and ducks at the same time when I was little. I loved them both at the time, though I liked duxs better I think. My favorite hen however, turned out to be a rooster. A few years later, we had new chickens and duxs. Those chickens were the nastiest things! Once they jumped on my back an scratched me. I remember pretending to run a jail since the nasty things were always trying to escape. I think I have had cell numbers on the nesting boxes. We had three that were nice, two died. I remeber being very happy when we got rid of them. I still like a couple breeds. I like speckled sussex (That was our very nice one that died) and sebrights since they are pretty, but I don't plan on getting any soon. I'd have to build another house and I don't think it would be worth it considering they don't lay as much, don't swim, and don't have bills, but I do like some of them.

I still like chickens a little bit, just not as much (by a long shot) as duxs. I had chickens and ducks at the same time when I was little. I loved them both at the time, though I liked duxs better I think. My favorite hen however, turned out to be a rooster. A few years later, we had new chickens and duxs. Those chickens were the nastiest things! Once they jumped on my back an scratched me. I remember pretending to run a jail since the nasty things were always trying to escape. I think I have had cell numbers on the nesting boxes. We had three that were nice, two died. I remeber being very happy when we got rid of them. I still like a couple breeds. I like speckled sussex (That was our very nice one that died) and sebrights since they are pretty, but I don't plan on getting any soon. I'd have to build another house and I don't think it would be worth it considering they don't lay as much, don't swim, and don't have bills, but I do like some of them.

You know, they weren't jumping in you out of meanness. :lol: I love chickens. And btw they're very good layers, better than a lot of ducks...lol

You were little when you had them, I bet you'd like them a lot more now! They're so friendly and so much fun! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom