Ended Contest # 4: Edible Easter Contest for the 7th Annual Easter Hatch-a-long!

I'm still hoping to get mine done. Ended up in the hospital after a mild heart attack and will be having a heart cath and most likely stents put in tomorrow so we didn't make the trip to Madison after all. But I still have a slight delay in getting my entry done.

I was also planning to use Rice Crispie treats for my basic foundation, so thanks for the tip about letting it set overnight!!

Mr. Pea:
ALL GLUTEN FREE
ALL VEGETARIAN

This is my entry, he's a peacock, observing some of his hen's eggs.

Made from:
"Feathers" Almonds painted with a food color, water, and powdered sugar mixture.
"Eggs" Store bought Easter candy.
"Eyes" Painted almonds just like the "feathers"
"Body" DIY microwave cupcake
lau.gif

"Head" DIY vegetarian fondant, painted with food color mixture.
If you have any other questions about how it was made or what it was made from feel free to ask
wink.png

Everything is edible except the plate and flowers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Each and every feather had to be "painted" three different times...THIS TOOK FOREVER!

Then they had to be all put together, layered on the tail. I used toothpicks to help the feather's placement be precise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are the final pictures:

Thanks for holding this contest!
ya.gif

Good luck to everyone who entered!
wee.gif

Edit: typo

Last edited:
I'm still hoping to get mine done. Ended up in the hospital after a mild heart attack and will be having a heart cath and most likely stents put in tomorrow so we didn't make the trip to Madison after all. But I still have a slight delay in getting my entry done.

I was also planning to use Rice Crispie treats for my basic foundation, so thanks for the tip about letting it set overnight!!
I hope the procedure goes well!

I look forward to seeing your entry.

OH my! I hope you get well soon! That must have been terrifying!

Mr. Pea:
ALL GLUTEN FREE
ALL VEGETARIAN

This is my entry, he's a peacock, observing some of his hen's eggs.

Made from:
"Feathers" Almonds painted with a food color, water, and powdered sugar mixture.
"Eggs" Store bought Easter candy.
"Eyes" Painted almonds just like the "feathers"
"Body" DIY microwave cupcake
lau.gif

"Head" DIY vegetarian fondant, painted with food color mixture.
If you have any other questions about how it was made or what it was made from feel free to ask
wink.png

Everything is edible except the plate and flowers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Each and every feather had to be "painted" three different times...THIS TOOK FOREVER!

Then they had to be all put together, layered on the tail. I used toothpicks to help the feather's placement be precise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are the final pictures:

Thanks for holding this contest!
ya.gif

Good luck to everyone who entered!
wee.gif

Edit: typo

Very nice!

[COLOR=800080]Mr. Pea:[/COLOR] [COLOR=DAA520]ALL GLUTEN FREE[/COLOR] [COLOR=006400]ALL VEGETARIAN[/COLOR] This is my entry, he's a peacock, observing some of his hen's eggs. Made from: "Feathers" Almonds painted with a food color, water, and powdered sugar mixture. "Eggs" Store bought Easter candy. "Eyes" Painted almonds just like the "feathers" "Body" DIY microwave cupcake
lau.gif
"Head" DIY vegetarian fondant, painted with food color mixture. If you have any other questions about how it was made or what it was made from feel free to ask ;) Everything is edible except the plate and flowers. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Each and every feather had to be "painted" three different times...THIS TOOK FOREVER! Then they had to be all put together, layered on the tail. I used toothpicks to help the feather's placement be precise. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Here are the final pictures: [COLOR=DDA0DD]Thanks for holding this contest!:ya [/COLOR] [COLOR=4B0082]Good luck to everyone who entered!:weee [/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]Edit: typo[/COLOR]
Another amazing entree!!!!

Back
Top Bottom