Ended Contest #5 Decorated Egg Contest 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
its called a "turbo carver" its like using a dental drill... and you use dental drill bits. I started with a dremel almost 4 years ago... that didn't last long because of the vibration on the egg. They would break way to easy. I am also a member of the IEAG (international egg artist guild) but don't tell the chickens! lmao
i am now dead set on buying this "turbo carver" lol, do you have any recommendations? I literally just destroyed half a dozen partially carved eggs with my dremel lol

Awwww!! I can't join!
sad.png
I can't have chickens where I live.
sad.png

Can't join because you couldn't take the hatching eggs if you won? I figure if I win, I could find someone who would like the hatching eggs.
smile.png

Or can't join because you don't have eggs to decorate? I think you should be able to decorate store bought eggs? Afterall, not everyone has white egg layers well suited to dying.
big_smile.png

I like seeing everyone's art!

Here are our entries!!! This is fun! we decorated with acrylic and water color paints, and painted them with a homemade paint brush made from a wild turkey feather!

Enjoy!

They are traditional pysanky... painted for fertility.

Awwww!! I can't join! :( I can't have chickens where I live. :(

Can't join because you couldn't take the hatching eggs if you won?   I figure if I win, I could find someone who would like the hatching eggs.  :)   

Or can't join because you don't have eggs to decorate?  I think you should be able to decorate store bought eggs?  Afterall, not everyone has white egg layers well suited to dying.  :D

I like seeing everyone's art!  

I think there should be a prize for people who can't have chickens or don't want more eggs. :D

i am now dead set on buying this "turbo carver" lol, do you have any recommendations? I literally just destroyed half a dozen partially carved eggs with my dremel lol
I LOVE the turbo carver! it is sooo smooth and getting those tiny cuts is a breeze! Yes, $300 is a lot, but I do a lot of carving, so to me, it was worth that cost instead of having that unlimited egg supply.

I am in the same boat... (if I was lucky enough to win) I would not be able to take the eggs. We are only allowed 2 chickens and I have 3 (shhh)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom