Ended Contest #7 Cutest Baby Fowl - 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong

Status
Not open for further replies.
I entered earlier in the contest and I have followed all the great photos
1f606.png
I must say this is going to be one hard contest for the judges! There are so so many amazingly adorable photos of all these little fluffkins!!!!!!
1f413.png
1f423.png
1f424.png
1f425.png
1f414.png
Good luck everybody! !!!
teehee fluffkins. i agree, tooooo hard to judge the cuties.

Hahaha well it was just a low hanging branch. Nugget's the leader of the pack and with most of her wing feathers in she is not shy of adventure. Every morning when I change the water she flies out of the brooder
big_smile.png
Sweet little Nugget. Good for her. If I got wings I am gonna use 'em.

Thank you, Julie. :) This story actually has a very amusing twist. My mallard hen was sitting on a batch of infertile eggs. I purchased a couple of fertile duck eggs from Metzer Farms. I placed the eggs underneath and she sat on them for about a week. One day, she was no longer interested in sitting, and she simply abandoned the nest. I candled them and realized that Shamus' egg was growing. My husband and I put together a makeshift incubator. Shamus hatched a few weeks later. The mother duck was actually Natasha! Shamus' mate actually sat on his egg for a week. :)

Last edited:
Thank you, Julie. :) This story actually has a very amusing twist. My mallard hen was sitting on a batch of infertile eggs. I purchased a couple of fertile duck eggs from Metzer Farms. I placed the eggs underneath and she sat on them for about a week. One day, she was no longer interested in sitting, and she simply abandoned the nest. I candled them and realized that Shamus' egg was growing. My husband and I put together a makeshift incubator. Shamus hatched a few weeks later. The mother duck was actually Natasha! Shamus' mate actually sat on his egg for a week. :)
You are so welcome. Silly mallard hen. That is a fascinating twist regarding Natasha and Shamus. And you have to admit this story actually reads like an adventure. Isn't nature wonderful when it's in your midst?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom