Ended Tell Us Your Funniest Chicken Story to Win Six Bags of Feed from Nutrena!

i have a better storyt
My hen Roxy(belgian bearded d'uccle millie fleur)she has gone broodie 5 times this summer/ spring 3 or 4 batches of chicks. she stops being broodie for about 3 wks then starts disappearing at certain intervals of the day.i looked were she went everyday and couldnt find anything.One day wich i forgot all about the disappearing acts i noticed a very largespace under the nesting boxes and i couldnt find roxy. i looked under there and found roxy laying on 11 eggs. i broke one open thinking she hasnt been sitting on these. i was wrong. luckily this was a quiter. they were about 4-7 days old. my hen then decided she was gonna quit. so i put them in the incubator 6 hatched 3 roos and 3 hens. when i

the bator after they had all hatched and one of the roos who was sleeping on the other side of the bator i open it up and hear a little trotting rattle sound and out jumps the little boy luckily i caught him. i put him back in as his fuzz wasnt completely dry the next day i opened up the bator again and out he jumps again. after that he was dry so i put him in the brooder were he sped around like a little motor boat running and jumping and playing with everyone. He has developed some odd habits as well as this one i have a desk lamp in their brroder for lighting. i went down to feed them and play with them and i see my rooster sticking his head in this lamp he looked like he was on fire or getting sucked into a vortex

Last edited:
Ok - I hope I am putting this in the right place!

I have about 30 asst girls -serama, japanese black tail bantams,silkies, brahma, turkens, americaunas, you get the idea.

My golden wynadotte Goldy was only 12 wks old, and needed to be kept inside to repair her leg for about two months. She was living inside with the dogs and cats - loving to take rides on the dogs backs and chasing the kittens. When I finally was able to put her back with all the other hens, I had to carry her in for over a week into the coop. Then into the second week,one night I heard my kitchen door fly open! I ran out to see Goldy waltzing in to the house, and put herself to bed!! She did this again for the next few nights as well. It was so funny I just had to let her "sleepover". I tried to use tough love and locked the door so she couldn't get in - so she would peck at the kitchen window until I acknowledged her, and put her to bed. It took her a a little bit longer to become chicken again - but she still is my favorite overnight guest.

This isn't THAT funny, but I figured I'd go for it. Ok, so for about 2 months, I've been nagging my dad to take me a tube or two of crickets for the chickens. So the other day, he finally did. HJave you ever seen 9 chickens chasing about 40 or so crickets??? Not a single survivor. Those crazy birds went crazy snapping those little chirpers up. It was chicken-caused-cricket-carnage!!

I went to lock up the coop for the night and turn on the heat lamp. It just so happened that I forgot that my black pants had a wide hot pink stripe down the side of both legs. I turned on the red heat lamp which made the hot pink even brighter. Optimus (my smart alek roo) jumped down and started pecking the side of my leg. I looked down trying to figure out what was going on, and he moved with me and kept pecking away even as I tried to leave and lock up the coop! I leaned down to gently pop his chest feathers to make him stop long enough so that I could leave, but he bit me really hard!!!

It hurt so bad that I yanked my hand away and inspected it for blood. As soon as I did, Beakman (my flock master roo) jumped down, pecked Optimus on the side of the head and started chasing Optimus around the coop. As soon as I locked up, they both jumped back up on their roosts like nothing happened!

A few weeks later, I was trying to get something off the side of Optimus's face, and he very gently opened and closed his mouth over my finger to show his disapproval. He has never bitten me hard again!!!

As I was saying, I thought Chickens were suppose to be back yard Chicken, Well mine seem to like the front yard, To lure them into the back yard I took cherry tomatoes and rolled them towards the house and it worked but to get them in the back yard I held a piece of pizza and walked towards the back, and we all know how funny it is to see a chicken run! One of my Rhoad Island Reds grabbed it out of my hand and ran acroos the deck with it! Have you ever seen a Chicken run with a piece of pizza in its mouth? "priceless" "I LOVE MY CHICKENS"

I have four chickens, a black australorp, a buff orpington, and two ameraucanas. Since my Buff Orpington, Hazel, was a chick, she has been especially 'piggy.'
She has been known to take any and all measures to get a treat, and especially to get it before her friends, earning her the nickname "hungry hungry hazel."
One day I took one of my friends out to the coop, and I was carrying a handful of popcorn. (that my friend and I were eating) and I let the chickens out of their coop, and soon after I dropped a piece of popcorn. Before I could pick it up, Hazel snatched it away ,and ran into the back corner of the coop to eat it for herself. When the other chickens tried to take part in her popcorn eating,
Hazel would sqwuak loudly, then run frantically away to find a new "hiding spot." after she finnished it, she ran back over to my friend and I, and stould there watching my friend finnish her handful of popcorn. Out of nowhere, she flew up ontop of my friend's head and curved her neck over and stared at the handful of popcorn.

Hazel has done numerou acts like this one, but this is by far one of her bests.

Hazel free ranging (her favorite thing to do, with food paradise)
big_smile.png

I was looking out at my chickens and I noticed something hanging out of one of the chickens beak. Upon closer inspection, it was a 12" piece of caulk hanging from her beak. I called my husband to help, I held the chicken and he slowly pulled the piece of caulk. He pulled slowly and she bobbed her head a little and eventually he pulled a 4ft. string of caulk out of her. When it was all done, it only took a few minutes, I put her down and she walked away and was just fine. She pulled it off of our camper, she must have thought she had a huge worm.

This isn't a unique funny story but it always makes me laugh... When I throw a piece of bread out to the chickens and one nips it up and runs with the whole piece of bread in her mouth with the rest of the flock chasing behind. :) It just makes me giggle!

my fist attempt with chickens was five years ago, and we got our fuirst chickens from the tractor supply in the town over and when we had originally orderd all rhode island red pullets and one bantam...... well they messed up my order by one chick and so they asked me if I wanted to have a duck instead ,and me being animal lover I am agreed to take the duck( a whit pekin). the chickens had begun to grow fast and the more they grew I noticed the little bantam would run through the chicken wire and viset the duck and then run back to the others by the time I got home, but one night he had gotten through and got stuck coming back through so i pushed him through the ducks pen. and when the duck had grown up we put them all together and the little banty was a rooster and the duck was a drake, but the duck (Quakers) ha grwon up with my little roo and he thought he was a hen chicken. but the funniest time was when i was cleaning the water pool the roo would get excited and the duck would begin his quaking and then the rooster would chime in with his crowing, which they did repeatedy until the water would be full, then both the roo and the duck would jump in and "swim"......

RIP Quakers and Elvis They were killed a few years ago by a weasel...

Back
Top Bottom