Contest is OVER, WE HAVE A WINNER.

OH MY! A few days at work and I have so many posts. I want to thank everyone who posted and gave thought to my request. I have narrowed it down, but even those not on the list I LOVE. I want to try to keep it a bit classy, but not fussy. I have a cousin who has a place named "Crow's Nest" and that is 4 hours away from here.

Here is my list so far. If I think too hard, I will change my mind.

The Copper Maran
Copper Marans
Copper Cottage
Marans Garden Bistro
B.C. Marans
Bella Rustique
The Roost
Copper Coop
The Copper Roost
CoCo Marans
Rustica
Copper's
The Nest Box
The Copper Cafe
Marans Nest

I guess I really like using the word "Copper"

Lets take suggestions until Midnight tonight. Then tomorrow, we'll vote. My mail leaves Wilmore around 10:00 for the first round, but if it is still frigid, maybe waiting a few days might be best, I have heat pack but they won't last long enough. I have BC babies under a broody in the basement as of last night. She sat 5 days and wah-la, babies appeared under her, she is clueless and very sweet about it. When it's this cold, time flies for hens I am told. Silly old bird setting in February.

I'll look up the heritage of my birds. Most of the eggs came from Gina, MaransofMS. Though some of the other pullets are laying as well. I am getting 5 to 7 BC eggs daily so they will be fresh.

OK, now to vote and any new suggestions will be compared with the winner and decided by text messaging tomorrow, and run thru the list just one more time.

Be back on tomorrow to check in. HenZ

OK, I just saw you like using the word "copper" So how's about "The Copper Chanticleer"?
That's classy, AND French
thumbsup.gif

Jen

Last edited:
I liked Copper Kettle.

I also like Copper Pot.

So I was trying to think of some more names:

Copper Horse (due to Kentucky being known for horses)

Copper Cabin (Transylvania University opened in 1780, after the Virginia Assembly adopted a charter establishing Transylvania Seminary.[4] Originally in a log cabin in Boyle County, Kentucky, the school moved to Lexington in 1789.)

******Copperwood (Transylvania, meaning "across the woods" in Latin)

***my fav pick

but Copper Cabin Restaurant is the only one that didn't hit on any other like name restaurants when I googled these names.
Copper Horse is a restaurant in Yorkshire--not in the states at least.
There's lots of Copper Pots and kettles.
Copperwood there is one is Australia.

Something to consider at least. Have an enjoyable time with your new venture. God bless.

me,
g

I love 'The Copper Roost' from your list above. I have a few suggestions:

"Faverolles"
"Copper Crevecouer"
"The Copper Cochin"
"Poules de Cuivre"
"The Hens Nest"
"Pollo Rustico"
"La Cucina rustica"
"Rame Pulcini"
"Rame Persico"