Continuing saga of man vs, raccoon

Quote:
I had that happen too. They were reaching through the bars or digging under. I wrapped one trap in hardware cloth and build a little box for the other (blocks the sides and bottom). Works great. I did have a problem with something pulling the trap out of the box and dragging it, once more than 3 feet away and completely turned the other direction. Each time it was sprung and the bait was gone.

Using eggs as bait has stopped the cat and chicken catching. But I did have to rescue a duck at 3:00 a.m once. Still can't figure out why that duck went into the trap at that time of night.

Recently had a trapped coon completely cover and fill the trap with mud, bend the solid plate where the handle attaches and got the handle off and into the cage.

Coons don't understand english... so cussin' does no good in my opinion...
All "he" will understand:
35629_racoon.gif

Is this:
35629_rifleshooting.gif

Go get em'!
big_smile.png

I never thought about using eggs. I have gotten some rebar and nailed one on one end and one near the front on the side to prevent tipping. Its a fairly new cage and easily traps my barn cats<stupid cats> I have 2x2's I can use per the link you posted so I can raise it up and still use the rebar and I also have cinder blocks to put on top for added reinforcing to prevent tipping. I may also use the sting method with a nice chicken leg suspended from it, but I betcha I still catch a cat.
smile.png
I have heard coyotes around here but I think what the problem is is probably a fox and I heard they are hard to catch. I know there are raccoons around here as I walked out to my barn a few years ago and this humongous raccoon went flying up the loft stairs and scared me to death. I grabbed a hoe to defend myself out of panic but it just jumped fifteen feet out of the loft and took off running. I about needed to change my drawers!!
smile.png
Im still trying to catch whatever killed my babies and Im not giving up yet. Sooner or later,whatever it was/is will join its cousins in critter heaven.

Rammy

Back
Top Bottom