Control your animals!!!

hee hee.. one of my piggies got out of my yard today ..
tongue2.gif

She tormented my neighbor for a treat while he was outside doing yard work..
He said he heard something and turned around and she was there watching him and begging for a treat.. (i taught them to "sit pretty" when they want food.. they lift their front legs off the ground for a second and kinda sit on their rumps..)
Well anyways..she was doing that to him..
gig.gif

He brought her home for us and put her in the dog pen so she'd be safe.,.. (we wernt home..)
I love my neighbors.. i can always count on them. I'm very lucky.
love.gif

Now to find the hole in the fence that she got out of... thats tomorrows job..
My other neighbor said he was getting his grill ready..
tongue.png
(he was kidding!)

Last edited:
jeez redhen, I'm so afraid of pigs, there's no way I'd ever be able to bring one home and put it in a crate, unless it were the size of a cat. I was housesitting for some of my mom's friends once, and their pig escaped. and I didn't know, and I went and got the feed bucket, and there was no pig in the pen... so as I'm standing there, looking stupidly around for the pig, there comes a sound of thundering hoofs, and the earth is shaking and tilting, and then, all of a sudden, a gigantic monster pig leaps over the ledge next to me, knocks me down, bites my arm (blood and dirt and god knows what else in the teethmarks), and starts horking down all the pig food. no more pigs for me! fix your fence!!!!

chickensducks&agoose :

jeez redhen, I'm so afraid of pigs, there's no way I'd ever be able to bring one home and put it in a crate, unless it were the size of a cat. I was housesitting for some of my mom's friends once, and their pig escaped. and I didn't know, and I went and got the feed bucket, and there was no pig in the pen... so as I'm standing there, looking stupidly around for the pig, there comes a sound of thundering hoofs, and the earth is shaking and tilting, and then, all of a sudden, a gigantic monster pig leaps over the ledge next to me, knocks me down, bites my arm (blood and dirt and god knows what else in the teethmarks), and starts horking down all the pig food. no more pigs for me! fix your fence!!!!

lol..no no... he just said.."come on"..and she followe dhim across the street to our yard...
My pigs will follow you if you call them... (he knows this..)
Then he just opened up my dog pen..(dog yard).. and closed her in there until we got home.
No.. He wouldnt have picked her up either... hes heard them scream when WE pick them up...
lol.png

And..LOL.. stop wrestling pigs, silly!!!
lol.png

Yeah.. fence is getting fixed tomorrow....they must have broke through somewhere... cause the other 2 were out too... only they were in the woods behind my house..
he.gif

Last edited:
chickensducks&agoose :

Found a flock of cows in a graveyard today, and a herd of sheep in the middle of the road. fix your fence!!! both times I stopped and either informed the owner or left a note, but really? cow pies in a graveyard?

No offense please...
But some how this makes me laugh too...
But a flock of cows and a herd of sheep is just funny.. Where I come from cows are in herds and sheep in flocks..
wink.png

Maybe having cows in the graveyard is a new "green" environmentally friendly way of fertilizing and mowing..

Animals do get out even after the fence is fixed.. You know the old saying, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence!

Redhen, good thing that was just one pig instead of a whole school of them...
lau.gif

ON​

Quote:
No offense please...
But some how this makes me laugh too...
But a flock of cows and a herd of sheep is just funny.. Where I come from cows are in herds and sheep in flocks..
wink.png

ON

Ditto, sorry.
lol.png

One of my big pet peeves is a woman whose house I pass on the way to work. She has free range chickens ... and ducks and rabbits and some small breed of pigs. If she lived back on a quiet country road with no nearby neighbors, it wouldn't bother me. However, her house is about 30 feet from a paved and very busy intersection so her property borders two very busy paved roads. I often see the chickens, ducks, rabbits and pigs in the road, across the road, in her neighbors' yards and--more often than not--dead in the middle or side of the road.

It's wonderful that she wants to provide her family with free range protein, but, danggit woman! Get a dang chicken tractor and portable fencing!

If we take on the care of animals, I feel that we have an obligation to keep them safe. Granted, if a duck got out and wandered into the road where it got hit, that would be different, she would at least be TRYING.

One of my coworkers lives across the street from her and her husband has threatened to eat whatever animals wander onto his lawn (he hunts and butchers his own game so he could make good his threat) but I still see the rabbits and poultry and pigs wandering willy-nilly.

rant.gif

we often have chickens wandering across the road in our rural area... not MY chickens, but other peoples. Yesterday, same day as the sheep/cow fiascos, we were driving and stopped for some chickens in the road....road chickens really don't bother me, as there is no way they're going to damage property... anyway, I said "Why did the chicken cross the road?" and my three year old DD said "Because it was stupid".... we all cracked up... so true.

Not to often animals get out around here. But when any of the local farm animals do, those animals always go to the one property owners house who hates animals. That makes me laugh.

Back
Top Bottom