controlling chickens

sonyacalhoun

Hatching
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
how do i keep my chickens off of my porch and out of my flower beds? i love having chickens, but hate the mess at my back door!

gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Sorry! I couldn't help but to laugh at that one, because whoever could solve this problem would win a big prize!

I try to keep the girls out of the gardens and beds in the spring when all the new shoots are coming up and plants are establishing (I can only freerange when I am home anyway because of all the marauding dogs in my neighborhood). After that, I just let them go to it, and only kick them out if they are doing major damage, In general, they get in the flower gardens to take a dust bath, or to eat bugs, which is a good thing.

Mine love to sit on the porch and the railings by my front door, so often I am hosing chicken poo off the deck...

We go out and scare them off when they are in the wrong parts of the yard, but they seem to take it as more asa challenege than training. If you are consistent, it may work. Chickens can be trianed to do tricks, so training them off a certain area should be possible. Personally, I started keeping them in the run...

Vicki

Last edited:
theres only 1 way to keep them from getting in your flower beds an messing on the porch an sidewalk.an thats to leave them penned in their yard.or clean up their mess every day.

Back
Top Bottom