conure gender

Quote:
I'm only guessing here but if people don't intend to breed their animals then they don't want to spend the dollars for DNA sexing. Someone who can't do it themselves would have to go to a vet and not just any vet will see birds so there would be a vet charge too.
or
Perhaps they're afraid of the unknown...they don't know how to obtain the blood for the DNA or they're afraid to hurt their birds, etc.

I swear by it!
thumbsup.gif

Zoogen will accept plucked feathers for sexing.

Quote:
Its $50 where I am.

If you order the Zoogen test kit to do at home and mail in the results, it's $20 for a blood sample or $25 for plucked feathers. If you go to a vet and have them run the test, you get charged whatever the vet charges.

smile.png

yeah i haven't had my green cheek (rocky) dna tested he was a lost bird i found in my tree but there wasn't any posters up for him so i kept him. im guessing his a boy too, by the way he behaves because he hasn't laid an egg yet but i think he is an older bird but he tends to get a bit naughty with my hand to and he gets all sooky lah lah and close to his toys. he puts one foot on my hand and then wiggles his bum on my hand or when his on the floor he likes to bend, twist and hang upside down on my finger. i also had him down in with a budgie in an avairy and he would regurgitate food for her and try and help incubate/ annoy her when she was nesting sometimes even taking the egg out.

Back
Top Bottom