• Rose-crowned

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Golden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
1670163815353.png

I've been thinking about getting some birds. Maybe an outdoor aviary that's heated in the winter? It rarely ever gets below 25 degrees. What birds could I put together? I was thinking about getting finches or budgies, but I do love conuresšŸ’•!

We have a Jenday conure, who was a rescue. A guy my husband works with was out in a park one day, and the poor thing just walked up to him. He tried to find her owner, but had no luck. She was probably dumped. :( He took her to the vet, who gave her a clean bill of health and did bloodwork to confirm that she is indeed a girl. When he decided to move, we offered to take her, as our daughter wanted a conure for years. Rosa has lived with us for 6 or 7 years now, and she's a cherished member of our family. She has some definite quirks, probably from being abandoned, but we deal with them, and have learned how to manage them. Her biggest issue is that she over-preens when she's stressed. She doesn't pluck, just pulls the tops off her beautiful orange chest feathers. Right now, though, she's fully feathered and just gorgeous! šŸ„°

rosie.jpg

We have a Jenday conure, who was a rescue. A guy my husband works with was out in a park one day, and the poor thing just walked up to him. He tried to find her owner, but had no luck. She was probably dumped. :( He took her to the vet, who gave her a clean bill of health and did bloodwork to confirm that she is indeed a girl. When he decided to move, we offered to take her, as our daughter wanted a conure for years. Rosa has lived with us for 6 or 7 years now, and she's a cherished member of our family. She has some definite quirks, probably from being abandoned, but we deal with them, and have learned how to manage them. Her biggest issue is that she over-preens when she's stressed. She doesn't pluck, just pulls the tops off her beautiful orange chest feathers. Right now, though, she's fully feathered and just gorgeous! šŸ„°

View attachment 3644371
Sheā€™s gorgeous!!

Back
Top Bottom