Convert your front yard lawn into a garden

I'll be ripping out the flower bed at the front walk way late this fall or in the spring. Saving some of the ornamentals. Hubby likes a cleaner looking flower bed. Um... he'd rather see lots of mulch than lots of flowers! Can you imagine that? Well, different strokes, for different folks. So, it will be a lot of open space. I'm thinking I may need to tuck some ornamental greenery and plants here and there. Such as: Zucchini, perhaps a climbing pea vine or three, some Bright Lights Swiss Chard, and some mesclun lettuce, heavy on the reds. So, if he'll put some muscle into the project, he'll get some excercise, get the clean look he's looking for, and I'll get the mess that is now the front flower bed cleaned up. Win/win/win! And a fun time was had by all.

here is some i oh I forgot I had planted couple apple a cherry and two plum trees too in that half of front yard garden in the suburbs. THE DA that bought our house took OUT...out the fruit trees in the front and even the one grapevine in back yard growing on A NICE LATTICE, Hubby made around the AC unit and the small raspberry patch in the backyard corner....
wish I could have magically took them with us ....dream dream
View attachment 1126755
There are a lot of things i miss from the last 2 places i lived. But i love this place so it balances out.

I may trellis some cantaloupes in the front of my house this spring. My front gets so much more sun and the flowering plants I keep spending $$ on just keep dying so why not?

Back
Top Bottom