Converting hatching method

Dishens

Songster
May 19, 2019
CT
I am currently in day 3 of my first hatch. I just learned of dry hatching. My humidity is currently at 50%. Could I change methods to dry hatch at this time? I have a Nurture Right 360. Thanks!!

What do you mean by "dry hatch"? For some people that means don't add water. For some it means keep a fairly low humidity, I've seen some people say 30%.

Humidity is about how much moisture the egg loses over the incubation period. Going from one humidity to a different one won't be the problem. It's how much total moisture the egg loses. You can go from one method to the other if you want. That part of it is not the problem.

i wouldnt worry about anything but a '3 day hatch' .. thats pretty extended .. my own philosophy when theyre pipping and ready to hatch is keep it warm and dont mess with it too much .. at most i'll add just enough water to keep it from completely drying out, now is not the time to flood the bator with water, OR let it dry out if there has been water all along .. it can cause a temp drift for several hours and 'that' can slow them down in my estimation .. and slowing one down thats close to having a problem could be lethal .. as said, i wouldnt try to change things at hatch time, id try to keep it as steady as possible ..

What do you mean by "dry hatch"? For some people that means don't add water. For some it means keep a fairly low humidity, I've seen some people say 30%.

Humidity is about how much moisture the egg loses over the incubation period. Going from one humidity to a different one won't be the problem. It's how much total moisture the egg loses. You can go from one method to the other if you want. That part of it is not the problem.
Thanks. Lower humidity during incubation then increasing for lock down.

I keep my humidity during hatch between 40-45% and I've gotten great hatch rates. It's not too high or too low of humidity where it would drown the egg. Hopefully this helps some! 😊

Back
Top Bottom