converting playhouse into chicken coop

I <3 this idea it would be great as a brooded too.
lol.png

I have transmorgrified a playhouse into a grow out coop.

41679_playhouse-zorroonrampbest.jpg

I highly recommend you raise it on a platform, so you don't have to bend over to clean it. I put mine on a "foundation" of up-ended concrete blocks, with a pallet on the blocks, then plywood over the pallet for its floor.

Last edited:
Quote:
I was just going to comment that there was someone on her that posted pics of theirs--wasn't looking forward to that search--glad you posted again!
I think they are great looking coops--love the duplex idea.

plexiglass is pretty much plastic glass or a flexible alternative to glass. You can buy it at most home supply stores such as Home Depot. It's what I would use just so that there is more light in the coop. If you can't get that or don't want to deal with it you could also put the hardwire cloth over it and cover that with a thicker clear plastic sheeting. Depends what climate you are in I guess. Here in Wisconsin you need to winterize but I suppose if you are in a warmer area you could just leave it hardware cloth.

Quote:
I love this idea and am looking at the same playhouse for sale. Can you post a picture of the inside? I'd like to see how you finished it for the birds.

azmotogirl, i have the same kind of playhouse-coop but yours is way better! mine's kinda thrown together and gross looking... it's in the barn though, so it only has to keep chickens in, not predators out. it makes me want to fix it up better
smile.png

52086_dscn7755.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom