Converting playset to coop?

Ok, so due to how this space is laid out and how tall my son is, I decided a double decker with 4 total boxes would be good. It basically takes up that whole side so I'm not making extra cuts an whatnot, plus the thing is already built to perfect height. I just have to cover it, put a hinge door on the back and a roof area which will be easy enough! I'm so happy it seems like an easy fix! (We'll see how it goes.)

Didn't.get as much done tonight as I wanted and I have to work out of town Wednesday-Friday..these things HAVE to get out this weekend. They don't have enough room at all :( poor little things. They love going outside. A couple like to fly/jump at each other a lot. I'm wondering if some of the sexed pullets aren't roos, 😂
Following

Their newly expanded area. The dog crate was way too small so I added a tipped over tub connected by the dog crate and reinforced with bags of feed and the kids target.

You can see how little space they have when they are huddled together. Probably taking the light away tomorrow morning. PXL_20220503_013832931.jpg
PXL_20220503_013829259.jpg

Finally making some progress and praying to.get them out tonight. Just locked in the coop but still that's way more room than what they have now. Gah. Not enough time in a day!

Did a bunch more today and got them in the coop. They are NOT happy birthday tonight. They're huddled by the coop door wanting to go back in garage. Praying they're ok and not too cold in there!!

I also have the hardware cloth wrapped around 3/4+ of the base. The front side will go into the run. I need to figure out if I'm willing to take tan donated paint or if I want to spend to have it blue/grey like my house.... Not decided.

PXL_20220515_215233351.jpg

PXL_20220515_215154683.MP.jpg PXL_20220515_174716250.jpg

More updates:

Getting to the home stretch. Have decided to put plexiglass on the windows to protect from wind and provide light/heat in winter but can be removed in summer. Recently we had a ton of snow and wind. The coop survived but I haven't put shingles on yet so it got rather wet. Everyone seems healthy and happy though.

Getting close to having the run done then we will paint and clean up! PXL_20220521_003813992.jpg PXL_20220521_003827034.MP.jpg PXL_20220521_003838044.MP.jpg

Back
Top Bottom