coo coo marans

No, I have no idea how to sex Cuckoo Marans at hatching. I suppose you can vent sex them but it's pretty dangerous.

It's probably better to just wait a few weeks. Patience is a virtue, they say.
smile.png

No clue about coo coo marans, but I do know how with Cuckoo Marans;)

The females will have a fairly defined white dot on top of there heads, while the males will have the white spread out a bit.

Quote:
Uhhhh...... Don't Plymouth Rock - Barred chicks have the same white spot on their heads? I have one of each - a Cuckoo Marans 20 wks old that started that way, and I just bought a Barred Rock chick that has that same white spot on its head. It made me wonder if the bin o' chicks had been mis-labeled.

The females will also tend to have a dark sriped down the front of their shanks and their overall color will be more black, while the males will tend to be more ashy. And the white spot thing, too.

Just like Barred Rock peeps, but without the yellow shanks and feet.

Quote:
Uhhhh...... Don't Plymouth Rock - Barred chicks have the same white spot on their heads? I have one of each - a Cuckoo Marans 20 wks old that started that way, and I just bought a Barred Rock chick that has that same white spot on its head. It made me wonder if the bin o' chicks had been mis-labeled.

I think this is true of all the barred breeds.

Back
Top Bottom