Coon and cat in the pen.

Trollkiller

Songster
11 Years
Oct 26, 2008
Lake Como, Fl. 32157
Last night we heard a ruckus in the chicken pen. I went out to investigate and found a nasty coon.

I don't have a gun right now so I couldn't kill it. Instead I marked my territory all around the pen. (Thank God the neighbors were asleep)

Today I find my cat in the pen marking HIS territory.

Poor coon he will have a nice mixture of smells to deal with tonight.

BTW the cat has never even looked at the chickens as prey. He know they belong to me and he protects them by keeping everything out of the yard. P.S. chickens do not like to be marked by a cat.

Bad coon, good kitty.

How exactly did you "marked" your territory???
lol.png

Did you do one on the door handle as well
sickbyc.gif

lau.gif

I think you'll find that coons don't really care who marks what or where or with "what" - it ALL belongs to the coon!

Quote:
Well I picked up a little something for the coon last night. I have not been able to track down the rifle I want so I went ahead and bought a pellet gun. (Crosman Storm XT Break Barrel)

I am going all redneck on this coon, I have mounted a laser sight to the pellet gun and have spent the day getting it zeroed in. It is still a little off but close enough that my daughter can nail a Coke can using just the laser. I will teach her how to use the sights later, right now the gun is a bit large and a bit heavy.

Tonight that coon gets his surprise. The pellet may not kill it but I know it will cause a good amount of "don't come 'round here no more" pain.

Back
Top Bottom