coon attack

If you look at the laws in most states you'll quickly discover that even the act of putting a wild animal in your car and taking it for a ride even one that returns it to your property is illegal, you usually need a wildlife transportation tag and those in turn usually require a license to hunt and or trap and that the taking be legal (which in most cases also means that the animal be dead, there are other means and they require even more licenses,. etc ...) . In short that animal belongs to someone other than you.

In this state you stand a better chance getting away with anything in front of a judge other than running afoul of the game laws.

If you haul the coon away, another will just take its turf over in short time. I'd find that hole where it got in to kill ASAP.
No offense, but if your not willing to eliminate a caught predator of your flock, you probably shouldn't have chickens. Not many i know take pleasure in killing the predator. Either your willing to protect your birds or your not..just my opinion...

If you can't bring yourself to kill it, find someone who will. Don't dump your problem animals off on someone else. Released predators are trap shy, and have learned that chickens are easy pickings. Coons are often infected with rabies, and they carry other diseases. They are very crafty, and will kill your birds without hesitation if given the chance. Don't break the law, dispose of it humanely and you will be doing the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom