Coon got what was coming...

Rowtag

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 18, 2009
Murfreesboro, TN
I lost my first chicken yesterday morning. I had just left to go out of town, my father was watching them for me and gave me a call to let me know that he was pulled from the pen and in multiple pieces about the yard. I was very upset, my pen is very well enclosed and has been adequate for months now. The coon pulled him from the pen, but could not get in (points for me I suppose).
I asked my father to put the remaining four birds up last night in a large cage I have that could be brought inside. He went down to check things out last night at around 10 and our dog, a collie, took off from the house. She treed the coon and kept it treed until he went inside, got a spotlight and his bow. No more coon. The dog is getting a big bone when I get home. Thing got my bosses hen about two weeks ago.

thumbsup.gif

celebrate.gif
WaaaaaaaaHoooooooooo! Good for your dad. And kudos to your dog. She deserves a huge hug and an extra treat for her effort.

Be careful though. There may be some more racoon family members around.

Yes, be on the look out for more, tonight I'm setting the trap to catch our fourth coon in as many nights. Good job dad, and doggy
smile.png
woot.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom