Coon uses MY OWN Livetrap as a buffet.... Gah!!!!!!

Camelot Farms

Chickenista
10 Years
Jun 5, 2009
VA,TN,NC Tri-State area
Who would have thought? I went out this morning to check my live trap. I had baited it last night with some eggs and placed it in our barn near our pens.
Livetrap is NOT where I left it. Hmm. Not a good sign. Found it around the corner with one of my call ducks in it. Well....most of my Call duck was in it. I had a beak, feet and some of the body.

Apparently one of the Calls got curious and climbed into the trap. The coon must have come by and found what he obviously considered 'take-out'.
So now I will have to come up with a way to bait the trap without being a danger to the Calls.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

**My calls free range but sleep in the barn near the pens on some bales of hay**

Oh how horrible. Hope you get that nasty critter!
somad.gif
I caught a skunk in my trap - pee yew!
sickbyc.gif

Dern that Murphy. And the coon. Things are too smart by half. Leave it to them to figure out how to turn eggs into a full sized duck with no incubation needed... super sizing gone WAY wrong.

Poor Ducky and Poor Parent.

Maybe try staking the thing down so that where you place it is where it stays? Those tent stakes with the little hookie bit might work? Just enough so the sneaky booger can't move it right by your ducks and catch himself a meal.

Coons love marshmallows and licorice. Bait your trap with them and you won't have to worry about cats.

Back
Top Bottom