Coop and Feathers coop questions

I love the curved roof!
That ladder, not going to work, kind of a jump from last rung to door.
SO many things to make that thing work next winter.
Too tired to list them now....will think more.
How handy are you?

I plan to get a 10x10 or similarly sized dog kennel that I can use mobilly like a chicken tractor with a hardware mesh roof reinforced against predators, and probably use this little coop as a stand alone home base outside of the kennel run. I would like to winterize this in time for next winter.

I have a large area that I would like them to be able to range in. I'm not that handy .... I do have friends that can help me but I like to accomplish most things myself.

I too think putting the whole thing inside a larger run (dog Kennel) will help secure and give them room. Putting back a solid ramp will help. To have the ramp take up less room, you could rest it on a log stump or something. Inside, can you raise the roosting bars a bit to get them a bit higher than the next box.

@jreardon1918 I can't remember now if there is a way to raise the 2 roosts that are in there above the nesting boxes - but I'll check when I get home. There is one already in there that is higher than the two other ones and I could just remove the two that are in there.

I plan to get a 10x10 or similarly sized dog kennel that I can use mobilly like a chicken tractor with a hardware mesh roof reinforced against predators, and probably use this little coop as a stand alone home base outside of the kennel run. I would like to winterize this in time for next winter.
Would be very difficult to move that.
I would make the whole little coop/run into a coop and attach it to the kennel.
Might want to look at putting a solid roof on the kennel for more weather proof space come snow fall.

Back
Top Bottom