Coop and Fence Questions

"This steel framed coop comfortably houses up to 14 chickens."

This is from the link. Please, do not think it will "comfortably house 14 chickens." If I am understanding the dimensions given correctly, the coop is 68" x 45" or, about 5 1/2 feet by under 4 feet. The run is 68" by 81", or 5 1/2 feet by 6 3/4 feet.

"This steel framed coop comfortably houses up to 14 chickens."

This is from the link. Please, do not think it will "comfortably house 14 chickens." If I am understanding the dimensions given correctly, the coop is 68" x 45" or, about 5 1/2 feet by under 4 feet. The run is 68" by 81", or 5 1/2 feet by 6 3/4 feet.
We are building a fenced and covered area around it which will be an additional 175 square feet - one part of the fence is in the pic and it extends out well past the other side of the coop. What will probably happen is we’ll repurpose that blue shed that you can barely see (just a blue sliver) to the left into a second coop. But we only have three pullets in the coop and run now and another eight weeks before we add the chicks who are not yet hatched. As I’ve read, chicken math is a thing, and when we started on this “adventure” the plan was four. 😬

Back
Top Bottom