Coop and run delivery seriously delayed - indoor/outdoor options

You definitely need to get them out of the house.

Where, in general, are you located? What kind of construction/handyman skills do you, or someone close to you, have?
We are in CT. Very poor construction skills in this family - that combined with a lack of time, it would not end well šŸ˜‚. I'm hoping that the coop and run which we already paid for will arrive at some point in the near future, just trying to make the situation as livable as possible in the interim!

Do you have a basement, porch or garage that you could use temporarily to get them out of your living space while you await the delivery? I had to temporarily house my (grown) chickens in the house at one point last summer, so I cleared a room in the basement, lined the floor with a huge tarp and put pine shavings on top. The chickens had a lot of room to move around so they did well, and it wasn't in the main living space of the house so smell didn't matter as much. Best if outside, yes, but if that's not an option, other spaces can work in a pinch. Especially if it's just during the day, and you still bring them inside at night where they'll be safe.
Unfortunately the garage is my office, otherwise that would be great, but it may be worth considering if this coop and run take much longer!

Is the cage they are currently in something that could be moved outside?
It would be tricky to move in and out as it is large, and it would have to come in at night as it is not predator-proof at all. I may have to just get another temporary run (assuming that this one would arrive!) and repurpose when the proper one arrives!

I'm hoping that the coop and run which we already paid for will arrive at some point in the near future
Will the run your ordered be big enough?
Maybe think about a hoop coop as secure housing now and more run space in the future.

We are in CT.
Here's how to add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1627595469502.png

Back
Top Bottom