Coop and run? ~help~

Chicken0Boy

Songster
9 Years
Feb 27, 2010
Upstate of South Carolina
I need a coop amd run plan that can house 6 chickens, walk in, and it is under 1,000 dollars.......pics would be very helpful!
thumbsup.gif

Have you looked at the coop designs page? Theres tons of coops with a run that could easily house 6 chickens. Many of them have designs and would cost under 1000.

I have mine half way built right now. The whole coop and run will cost me about $150. I used a old wooden swing set and scrap wood. I also found some free plywood on Craigslist. If you would like to see it look at my page. What kind of chicks are you getting?

Good luck

Do you want a fixed coop or a tractor?
Do you want to build or buy a pre-built?
If you look at my page you'll see my 6x8 fixed coop that is ok for 10 birds though I only am housing 8. My pics need updating as I now have the 200sq ft run completed.

Not so much of anything special, but for the coop cost under $400.00, and say a few hundred for the run...you can build one like mine- pics on my page. If I had to do it again, I would do a "hoop coop"- several have done these and they look easy enough to build--and much less than the $400 that materials cost me.(although shingles were left over form my house..)
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom