Coop and run on a slope!

@RoyalChick built an amazing coop on a slope. It is not too different in style from yours, so maybe you could adapt the ideas.

RoyalChick's Coop

Here are some pics of the finished coop, showing the terracing on the coop and run.

98730198-217A-4540-A481-0C022102FC8C.jpeg

@RoyalChick built an amazing coop on a slope. It is not too different in style from yours, so maybe you could adapt the ideas.

RoyalChick's Coop

Here are some pics of the finished coop, showing the terracing on the coop and run.

98730198-217A-4540-A481-0C022102FC8C.jpeg
Awww thank you - it works really well for me. As others have mentioned, with the right design the slope can really work for you.
All water runs down away from the coop which is situated at the top of the hill. It is totally dry in there.
I do deep bedding using mainly leaves but also some pine shavings in the nest boxes and some shredded in bleached paper. Anyway, I tip all that into the coop/hen house at the top of the hill and the chickens shred it all up and work it down the slope to the bottom of their runs where it is ready for the garden.
Happy to share more if it is helpful.

Hot wires for predator proofing.
All those plans are awesome looking! I am so glad I have a small barn already on my property for my turkeys. You are blessed with building husbands!

Back
Top Bottom