Coop and weather..

vicknick

Songster
6 Years
Apr 25, 2016
I keep my chickens locked up in bad weather - rain or any other precipitation, or really cold weather. Will guineas need to stay in during bad weather as well, or will they want to go out? Thank you

I keep my chickens locked up in bad weather - rain or any other precipitation, or really cold weather. Will guineas need to stay in during bad weather as well, or will they want to go out? Thank you
I only close my guineas in when it is a severe snowstorm. The reason is to keep them from taking to the trees and refusing to come down. Other than lockdown at night, the door is always open so they can choose whether or not to go in or out. During severe weather, my guineas tend to stay in the coop by their own choice.

My guineas only stay in for snow and ice storms. They will venture out a little afterwards, but wait for most of the snow and ice to melt before resuming normal free ranging.

Back
Top Bottom