Coop Boxes

artvandolay

Songster
Feb 16, 2023
So. California
Hello,

Does anyone have some good plans or ideas for putting together some coop boxes (sized for standard chickens) that open into the larger run where they can all go to a larger free range for a couple of hens and a rooster for each breed?

I am thinking I want to keep them all separated by breed but then let them go into the run together.

Does anyone have multiple breeds and have experience raising them all together? Will they choose to go shack up with different breeds in different coops and boxes or will they stay with their own?

Thanks!

Hello,

Does anyone have some good plans or ideas for putting together some coop boxes (sized for standard chickens) that open into the larger run where they can all go to a larger free range for a couple of hens and a rooster for each breed?

I am thinking I want to keep them all separated by breed but then let them go into the run together.

Does anyone have multiple breeds and have experience raising them all together? Will they choose to go shack up with different breeds in different coops and boxes or will they stay with their own?

Thanks!
If given the option to hang out together, they will hang out together and "shack up" together. If you want to breed them and have "pure" off spring you will have to keep them separated from the others even in a run so that you don't have mixed chicks. If you just recently separated them you have to wait several weeks before setting the eggs.

I like the design of dog kennel breeding sheds. I think one of these designs could easily be converted or adapted for poultry.

Back
Top Bottom