Coop Build: To nail or not to nail?

chickity-chick

Songster
May 1, 2020
Atlanta, GA
Hi everyone! Im about to start building a 5ftX12ft coop. I do not have a nail gun to put the frame together. My questions is if this is necessity or not. Do you have any suggestions to building the frame without having to purchase an expensive framing nailer that I cant afford? I want my coop to be safe but i also cant afford to dump 300+ dollars on a nail gun I will never use again. Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!

Hi everyone! Im about to start building a 5ftX12ft coop. I do not have a nail gun to put the frame together. My questions is if this is necessity or not. Do you have any suggestions to building the frame without having to purchase an expensive framing nailer that I cant afford? I want my coop to be safe but i also cant afford to dump 300+ dollars on a nail gun I will never use again. Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!
A good hammer is less than $20.
You could also use screws with a cordless driver. A cordless driver is a very handy tool to have around.

A good hammer is less than $20.
You could also use screws with a cordless driver. A cordless driver is a very handy tool to have around.

@black_cat

Ive read that screws are not good for framing because they will snap instead of bend with the frame during heavy weather and when there is a lot of weight in it? Is this going to pose a problem?

I love my impact driver!
That said if you don't have/cannot borrow or buy a good hammer is not expensive at all.
Yes I have an impact driver to use! I just worry that screws will snap instead of bend like what google says haha so I am hesitant to just use screws. I also worry that it will split the wood? If the wood splits with the screw going in can i no longer use that piece? Im sorry! Im new to this!

Back
Top Bottom