Coop colors! What do you think?

Malbri

Songster
12 Years
Jan 10, 2008
Bowdoin
Alright, im going to try to explain what my coop and run will look like when they are done.
I have an 8x8 shed that we turned into a coop. It is white with blue(chipping) paint. Attached is a run. Or at leas I call it a run, it is an 8x16 extention that has a dirt floor and has walls 3/4 of the way up, then hardware cloth. I intend to put a corrugated metal roof on it.
What do you guys think for colors for painting it, both inside and out? I have a full can of "barn red" color that also "self priming." I thought maybe have the coop white, the run red and the trim of the coop red? What about the inside?

I love your paint color idea, the red and white will look awesome. If you are painting the inside and already have the white and red available maybe white on the walls, big surfaces and red as the trim..? I am just thinking more bright, reflective surface with the white paint might make it easier to see what is going on inside the coop. I am subscribing to this in hopes you will post pictures when you are done because it sounds so nice.

Love it! Red and white is bright and pretty.

We WERE going with yellow and purple, BUT, DH (and I) are BIG
University of Illinois Football fans.....so..........

we're going with Orange and Blue!

I painted my coop to match the color scheme on my house and it looked fabulous. But... I didn't take into consideration that the dark colors (hunter green in my case) absorb heat from the sun. The coop was baking hot as soon as the sun hit it. I figured this out about 5 minutes after the paint dried. Do you realize how many coats of white paint it takes to cover hunter green? Lots.
White with red trim sounds very pretty. It'll be gorgeous.
cool.png

Sounds great! Mine were painted OD Green with grey trim. So that they would use the sun as an extra heater in the long winters. It also dont help that Im a total camo loving tomboy either lol

Back
Top Bottom