Coop Colors??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dixiedoodle, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Just for fun, I want to know what color your coops are or have been--INSIDE and OUT! ... And remember to include the color names/numbers or descriptions (such as an eggplant purple or a moss green) and IF you have signs, murals, designs on them even better--- I know that so many are creative and thought it would be fun to know--what you have given your babies to live in!

I had thought about painting mine white with a blue metal roof but decided that it would never stay clean and have green junk on it all the time.. So, I decided to paint it a Martha Stewart --'Barn Red' with white trim. And will use just the silver colored metal roofing. The inside will be white to bright it up and reflect the sun coming thru the windows. I need to learn to post pictures on here! The kids are coming in this weekend to work on the coop--I hope the weather cooperates!

So show us or tell us!!! Dixie

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

On the inside my coup is plain wood; outside blue don't remember the name thou. It had been sitting in the basement hallway for over 17 years [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. hollyclyff

hollyclyff Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    NC
    Outside - barn red with white trim.
    Inside - told hubby to get the lightest color "oops" paint they had - he came home with a very light gray.

4. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Outside: tan with cranberry trim to match the house.

Inside: Sunshine yellow walls with navy blue nestboxes.

Floor is avocado green rubber tile (5 cents each at Re-Store, only color they had) covered with wood chips.

5. Omeletta

Omeletta Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    Outside is a sunny butter yellow, inside is just wood (wish I had painted it now, easier for cleaning [​IMG] ) I have lots of doodlee-doos on the outside, and inside of the coop, but they are all under about a foot of snow. I have a mirror for them, and some statues of chickens and roos, an antique brass spitoon, tho I won't let them take up the bad habit that goes with it. Usually a floral wreath or 3, when the weather is nice, and many chairs!

Why do the best pics always have embarassing stuff in the backgroung? Anyways, some of the doodlee-doos (in summer)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those are my colors (sorry, don't remember the name) and my doodles. Hope you enjoy!

Tanya

6. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Tanya.. That look fantastic! We just finished our coop and it has been to darn cold to paint it just yet. The trim I painted in the shop. It is a hunter green and the outside walls will be an off-white. We picked this color scheme because it matches the house. I plan to do a little decorating. We incorperated the coop and run into our front yard so I will have to "prettify" it!! Thats what my son calls it!! They inside is left un-painted.

7. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    OUtside of my coop is natural wood color with a Barn Red tin roof.

8. Nuggetsowner:)

Nuggetsowner:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Minnesota
    [​IMG]

Here is my coop. Not the best pic but you get the idea. It is barn red with cream colored trim. All paint was purchased at the re-store! I LOVE that place!

9. Sunny Chook Farm

Sunny Chook Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    outside: Barn red white trim green tin roof
    inside: plain wood...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by