Coop Construction update***PIC HEAVY UPDATED*** 3/19

Awesome!!!! My question to you...how fast can you make it to Connecticut? I've got an empty back yard that would love something like this??!!
Great job:)

Ohhhhh! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just called my fiance in the house from stacking wood just to show him your coop.
gig.gif

And I hope you don't mind, but I'm soooo stealing your window idea.
tongue2.gif

Metal roofing , fiberglass or poly(spl?) roofing can over hang on all four sides even without support but would be easy to attach suport if wanted . I figured you just run out of materials right there and needed to make another trip to building supply .
Best to You

Quote:

Im only two thirds finished. The roof you see is only temporary to keep the rain off the top of the coop. The roof will have 1.5 feet overhang on all sides and will be constructed with tufftex corrigated white roofing. I will post the final pics later. Thanks for the critique.

I think it's awesome! I'm in the same stage as you building my chicken tractor. Similar design but scaled smaller/shorter. I was going to use the same type of roofing material as you (Palruf or Suntuf brands) however I was not sure about the white. The brochure at Home Depot said white would still let some light through (45% light transmission). I live in FL and don't want the chickens to bake! It's not as pretty, but I was leaning towards the green one to limit light and UV coming through the roof. Don't know the specs for the TuffTex.

Looks like you are doing a great job and your chicks will surely LOVE it!!!
My brother and I built mine and it is similar -
altho I wish I would have planned for the nest boxes to be outside the floor as you have..

but being a newbie.......made a mistake or two - -

I have used the white corrugated roofing also - was going to use clear so I could utilize the top
of the coop as a spring greenhouse....but the men did the shopping and brought home white........
hmm.png

again NICE JOB and thanks for sharing!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom