Coop Conundrum HELP (Long, sorry!)

Hey I have 2 acres
lol.png
but I also only have 11 chickens and I can't have a roo :mad: YOU HAVE PLENTY OF SPACE !!!!!

LOL my parents hate chickens
lol.png
but I have managed to be limited to 15 laying hens and no roosters I have yet to get ducks though :mad: OK I have a wierd story just looked up from posting and there were two young deer 3 feet from my free ranging hens smelling them
lol.png
and I am outside only 20 ft away. I got up and chased them because they were also eating plants last week but it was just really odd. Hope that you hubby gives in.

Henry

Gosh, I'd make that mirror image of the coop on the back. Not only would it suit both your needs, but when you have one building to service the chores are far easier, especially in bad weather. It also gives you better control over feed and predators.
cool.png

Yeah, that's what I'm leaning towards. Of course, it wouldn’t be until NEXT spring..which would be fine because 99% of my flock are chicks or still in eggs in transit through the mail right now—so they won’t be breeding age until next spring, anyway. Which would give me time to save $ up to do that...and then I'd have a 16 x 16 coop and much more room.
wink.png

Not sure if this would make your husband happier or not but these cute mini coops are at our zoo (Indianapolis) and are what I'd build if I could have my chickens outside.
DSC04205-vi.jpg

and
DSC04209-vi.jpg

I think they used them for rabbits....tho there were no animals in them at the time but they could be adapted for chickens.
Paula

Those ARE cute! I'm working on hubby, still.
smile.png
I think this is something I'll have to wait a year for, unfortunately. With hay prices soaring to $200/ton and no one buying my horse for sale...although with some student loan debt to pay off....I'm pretty much stuck right now. But we'll see...thanks!

Back
Top Bottom