"Coop de Gra" finished - wtf was I thinking? - Pic heavy

Fantastic Coop! I had a 2" long 1/4" wide splinter in my foot...so my coop is costing me $200 including my ER visit (so far).

But your coop really turned out beautiful.
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

Awesome coop and run...I am so jealous!
BTW - now that it is info you don't need for this one...The best way to handle fence staples is to hold them in place with a pair of needle nosed pliers and get a solid start with your hammer then finish without the pliers. It is so much easier on the fingers.

Absolutely stunning coop! Looks totally professional built, something like that in this area would go for a couple thousand anyway. One thing I noticed that I would worry about is the wire that you used, I would go through the entire coop and nail baby wire over the livestock wire for predator proofing.

Awesome job on the hand, cool that you missed all those bones in there! I bet you couldn't do that again if they paid you! But hasn't anyone told you when trying to hold a hand down that super glue is a lot less painful? Don't blame the power tool, blame the angle someone held the power tool, I would never give up using a power tool.

Sussex, There is double wire at lower heights. A 28 inch roll of rabbit wire goes around the whole coop.

And I only missed skewering the thumb bone, the nail landed in the second bone you see there. Luckily its in a strong spot, so there was no issue with breakage.

*scroll*
*scroll*

coop
coop

*scroll*

ahhhhhhhhh!!

Wasn't expecting that!!

ER trips make coops so much more expensive!

So sorry!
The coop is awesome though!

Wow... a bit surprising, that one pic is. Neat x-ray, though. Looks like it missed the bone? The coop is absolutely fabulous. I wish I had the money/time/patience to work on one. You scare me though: glad I don't have a nail gun.

Great looking coop and run, you did excellent work!
bow.gif

I was adding on to my run last night, things didn't go smoothly...I am not the craftsman that my dad was...
he.gif

Yes, yes, we spend hundreds of dollars on our chickens to get FREE eggs. I have already spent a couple hundred, but no eggs yet
roll.png

--Hugh

Oh it's beautiful! I'm glad to see my grandbabies doing so well! So sorry about your hand. You should have called, we would have helped you. In the future if you need any help just let me know.

Again it's beautiful and congrats on finishing.

Back
Top Bottom