coop design PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by macbryant, Mar 13, 2008.

1. macbryant

macbryant Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2008
    i am new to all of this and very interested to get started. At first I will be getting about 3 chickens. I was wondering what will be the best kind of coop to build. I am going to build it behind my fence and work shop. Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    First off, Welcome to BYC!

Secondly, check out the Coop Design pages. Lotsa great coop ideas...

Dawn

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Chillin' With My Peeps

Thirdly, don't plan on 3 chickens even if that is your plan, you're REALLY gonna want more chickens, even if you don't need them, your're still gonna want them...trust me! I'm pretty sure most everyone here will agree!
    And welcome to the insanity!

4. chcknrs

chcknrs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Kelso, WA
    Cheryl is right! I have five americauna chicks, three weeks old, and after finding this site, I want two of everything! lol, and I don't even have a tractor yet! The chicks are in a tote on the dining room table, with a window screen to cover. (At two weeks they were already trying to fly out!) I love my chicks and I love this website. It has already been a godsend.

5. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    3 chickens... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    Started out with 12. Increased to 25. Now up to 100 and more chicks coming next week. All in two years. You do the math. Thay multiply fast! THREE? Yeah, sure!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by