Coop design

Mar 1, 2021
hey, the omlet walk-in run we need to buy is WAY too expensive for our family to afford since we do so much for our chickens; does anyone know of a walk-in run plan that is safe from rust, raccoons, and eagles that is also cheap? Thanks!

hey, the omlet walk-in run we need to buy is WAY too expensive for our family to afford since we do so much for our chickens; does anyone know of a walk-in run plan that is safe from rust, raccoons, and eagles that is also cheap? Thanks!
Scrounge.

Look on free Facebook pages and Craigslist. Stop everywhere that might use pallets and ask for pallets.

Stop at construction sites and ask to look at their trash.

Stop anywhere they replace windows and ask if they have free used/fogged windows.

Once you have a nice sized pile of junk, sort through it and make a fence out of it.

A combination of pallets and fogged windows make a great, and predator proof fence.

I have yet to find good fence for free. But I have found bad fence for free. I find a double or triple layer of bad fence can be predator proof (depending on the fence, and the predators).

Even ugly stuff, if covered with a coat of paint looks fine. (oops paint is inexpensive but not free. But I have gotten free left over paint from house painters)

Back
Top Bottom