coop door

kardar2

Songster
6 Years
May 24, 2013
Jones valley area
Hello All

Now I know I will get 20 different answers but I am looking to see if most of you use the same door. So here is goes. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS THE BEST AUTOMATIC DOOR TO USE.

I went with the pullet shut door because I wanted to be able to set the time my coop opens and closes. I don't want the door opening before 8am so the rooster isn't out bothering folks too early. The light sensor doors would be opened up way too early they would work better for a farm setting where you don't have to worry about neighbors.

I went with the pullet shut door because I wanted to be able to set the time my coop opens and closes. I don't want the door opening before 8am so the rooster isn't out bothering folks too early. The light sensor doors would be opened up way too early they would work better for a farm setting where you don't have to worry about neighbors.

so have you had it for very long?

The problem with that approach (for most folks) is that the open/close times won't change as the seasons change. A real pain to go out and reprogram it for changing daylight hours. Looks like the PulletShut people have finally added a photo sensor attachment (cabled) to their product. I think they were getting their sales hammered by the Ador1 which has a fully integrated photo sensor (no cable).
You should consider the Ador1 along with the PulletShut. The Ador1 has fully integrated and enclosed battery and photo sensor, batteries last for years, and the form factor is superior for most applications (opens vertically instead of swinging open). But your mileage may vary.

The problem with that approach (for most folks) is that the open/close times won't change as the seasons change. A real pain to go out and reprogram it for changing daylight hours. Looks like the PulletShut people have finally added a photo sensor attachment (cabled) to their product. I think they were getting their sales hammered by the Ador1 which has a fully integrated photo sensor (no cable).
You should consider the Ador1 along with the PulletShut. The Ador1 has fully integrated and enclosed battery and photo sensor, batteries last for years, and the form factor is superior for most applications (opens vertically instead of swinging open). But your mileage may vary.

okay I will google that company and look thanks.

mine are the manual kind, I walk out and open it and close it when I want to.. thing with automation, we rely on it to much, I like walking

mine are the manual kind, I walk out and open it and close it when I want to..   thing with automation, we rely on it to much, I like walking

yes you are right but the wife and I go camping quite often. We leave Friday evening come home Sunday evening. It hard to find some to come over early in the morning to open the door.

Back
Top Bottom