1. loralei

loralei Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    New Caney, Texas
    I think we've all suffered from this at one time or another so I though I would share my dream coop with ya'll!

[​IMG]

My darling redneck husband said "hal no!" so I am stuck with a coop that I keep threatening to burn down! [​IMG]

Since I can't have this coop, I would at least like someone else to! So if you like it you can find the complete instructions by following this link:
    http://www.rd.com/images/offer/fh/project_plans/pdf/FH03JAu_GardenShed.pdf

It's actually a garden/potting shed but I thought because of the two separate areas it would make the perfect coop. I did incorporate some of the architectural details into my own coop only to discover that I am not a gifted carpenter! Little does my husband know that with all the matterials I've wasted with my "learning experiences" (at best he'd call them mistakes) it would have been cheaper to build the coop he said we couldn't afford!

2. Greenwood Chick

Greenwood Chick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2009
    NW Washington State
    Drooling all over the keyboard... I wish I had one too. I hope someone on here builds it and posts some pics!

3. kayjuggler

kayjuggler Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2008
    Maryland
    I also found that one and love it! I We ended up with a simpler straight forward rectangle but would have loved this exact buildiing.

4. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    hubby won't let me build anything that nice... but i keep dreaming

5. domino7

domino7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    I couldn't have that in my yard. It's nicer than the houses in my neighborhood. I'd be running squatters out of there every morning.

6. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    That is a great looking coop. [​IMG]

7. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Wow that is pretty! I would love to have about 4 of those in my yard!!!

Unfortunately, DH is a mechanical guy, not a construction one lol.

8. lauriruth

lauriruth Chillin' With My Peeps

OMG!!!!Give me!!!![​IMG]

9. thecochincoop

thecochincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

BEAUTIFUL I want one, but the flowers wouldn't stand a chance [​IMG] between my brown thumb and the birds there would be NO flowers. My poor little deprived birdies will just have to make do with their kennels and small box coops [​IMG]

10. The ruler of the roost

The ruler of the roost Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2009
    Carson City, NV
    My husband would like to say Thank you for ruining his Monday with that picture!

Oh my goodness...what "act" must I commence upon thee to obtain such a wonderful gift, I ask myself... wink wink.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by